Your 16 Point Checklist To Make Starting Any Diet Easier
Starting a diet doesn’t need to be overwhelming – and can be made a whole lot easier with a little preparation. It’s true that timing will never be 100% perfect, and there will always be a reason to start tomorrow instead of today – but taking the first step as fast as possible will get you to your goal faster than waiting for everything to be perfect.
However it’s best to do a little planning, for example if you have a string of social events to go to, then it may be best to delay by a short time if food and drink will make it harder for you to stay on track. Also if you are planning any significant changes in your life like moving house or starting a new job. Don’t try and do too much at once!
Here is a checklist for you to go through before starting your diet.
1. Weigh yourself
2. Check your BMI (Body Mass Index), 25 or more is overweight
3. See your doctor – you must seek the advice and approval of your doctor before making any changes to your diet or exercise. Your health is the most important thing you have
4. Take a before photo – take a full length photo of yourself or ask someone to take one for you. Wear form fitting clothes that show your size as you are now. Front and side are good angles to have
5. Measure your waistline – you need to know where you are starting from so that you can see your results and celebrate your success as you progress towards your goals
6. Have your diet plan ready – have everything you need ready
7. Get support! tell someone who you know is supportive, or join a support group to share the journey
8. Stock up or plan when you need to shop or re-order
9. Clear out or stop buying any unhealthy foods you may be tempted by, just don’t have any in the house
10. Accessorize – get a practical and stylish blender bottle so you can mix diet shakes on the go, or consider getting a blender for use at home.
11. Get a reusable water bottle – you’ll always have water to hand and save on mineral water
12. Get a water filter jug if you don’t like the taste of your tap water
13. Clear your diary – the hardest part of a diet is the start – it’s easier if you have some quiet time, so it’s best to avoid busy social events where food and drink will be served
14. Plan to give yourself more time to rest and get plenty of sleep
15. Have extras to hand – like painkillers and mint strips in case you get any headaches or bad breath which can be caused by ketosis diets – if you are used to eating lots of carbs your body may have withdrawal symptoms and this can result in temporary headaches
16. Start a Success Journal – write about what you’re doing and how you feel. Write your goals down and take it one day at a time. Don’t think about the next 30, 60 or 90 days – just one day at a time